CE Marking Glossary of Terms
The following are a list of acronyms and terms you may encounter when dealing with CE Markings and Declarations of Performance, together with a definition for each.
- Construction Products Regulations – the over arching legal regulations leading to the establishment of CE marking.
- Conformité Européenne (or European Conformity) mark signifying that the product meets the basic requirements of construction works (BRCW) within the essential characteristics set by harmonised standards.
- Harmonised standard within the Official Journal of the EU leading to application of CE marking.
- Declaration of Performance; a summary of the essential characteristics of the product and a signed declaration that these statements and the requirements of the regulations have been met through a system of AVCP.
- Assessment and Verification of Constancy of Performance. The system by which manufacturers and importers establish, implement and maintain information relating to CE.